Tuesday 3 September 2013

Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon...


That is the end of Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space. The inside back cover picture shows a spaceship and the Doctor and... well, I'd guess it is supposed to be Romana, but going by previous pictures in this book it could be just about any manny the Doctor has ever met.


This is the front cover of the other book in the Doctor Who Books Project. It is Doctor Who: Journey through TIME, and Colin Baker's cheerful, happy, hasn't-been-sacked-yet face adorns both the front and back of the book.


There are stories for all the TV Doctors up to Colin Baker in the book, but for the first four Doctors they are all repeats of stories from Adventures in Time and Space, so I will not review them again as that would be silly.

The repeated stories are:
Mission for Duh
Death to Mufl
Dead on Arrival
The Vampires of Crellium
Flashback
The Power
War on Aquatica
On the Slippery Trail
A New Life (no wait, I'm wrong, it's actually this A New Life, the other one does not appear in Journey through TIME)
Emsone's Castle
The Planet of Dust (I especially don't want to review that one again)

The rest of the stories all have Peter Davison and then Colin Baker playing the Doctor, so I will be reviewing those stories since I have not done them yet.

Join me next time for a look at Danger Down Below. I will leave you with a clip from the best TV story to feature both Peter Davison and Colin Baker. And because Peter Davison wasn't in Timelash, that is Caves of Androzani...

No comments:

Post a Comment